It’s finally time for me to share some favorites from 2014! First up, portraits.
Here’s what 2014 portrait sessions were all about:
1. Location! JFP was in the Outer Banks, on the back of a boat, outside in the snow and rain, at a carnival, at a winery, in VA, PA, WV, and MD!
2. “In My Backyard” sessions were introduced and they were a big hit! I love inviting clients over to our home in Garrett County, MD and treating them to a quiet, private session on our six acres.
3. I really started honing in on the “lifestyle” approach for newborn sessions. More time for snuggles with mom and dad, and less time for frills and sleepy, posed portraits.
4. I decided to no longer offer senior sessions. I just found that I do my best work when I’m working with multiple people. So I can make them smooch, hug and laugh with each other. 🙂
5. I did 55 portrait sessions last year! 55! WHOA! Never would have guessed that’d be my number for 2014.
6. Deep Creek “families on vacation” portrait sessions are a new favorite! People come to Deep Creek Lake in Garrett County from all over the country, and some invite me to take family pictures while they’re here! It’s fun exploring the lake, the beautiful homes that come with it and hearing the families’ stories.
7. Improvement! Not only in my shooting skills, but just in my overall clientele. My composition, color, light techniques, ability to work with my clients…has all improved. And I think it’s partly because I’m working with more clients who “fit” me and my style and my personality.
8. And lastly, if I had to use one word to describe this past year’s portrait sessions, I think it would be FUN. I worked with so many families, kids and couples (and one senior, ha!) and we shared so many laughs and smiles. All these clients, they were up for my crazy ideas. For splashing in the lake, for throwing leaves in the air, for looking at each other and laughing for no reason, and for waterskiing during their engagement session! FUN is definitely something I use to describe my photography style and it’s something I aim for during portrait sessions. I think it’s say to say a lot of FUN was had by all these clients. 🙂
THANK YOU ALL for being so supportive of JFP…and for giving me such a FUN year of portrait sessions! I very much enjoyed capturing your families, kids and love for each other. I cannot wait to do it all over again in 2015! Enjoy my favorite portraits from 2014. 🙂
Hi! Thanks so much for visiting the JFP blog! Whether you're looking for more pretty pictures, photography tips or stories about my cute kiddos, you'll find it all here. So grab a cup of coffee and read on!
©2020 Jessica Fike Photography, All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by The Palm Shop